Master R.J Botticello has over 24 years of Martial Arts experience. Master Botticello began his Martial Arts study in 1986 under Grandmaster Moo Yong Lee. He has been teaching since 1994.
Master Botticello holds a 6th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do under the World Tae Kwon Do Federation and a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Hapkido under the World Hapkido Federation. In addition, Master Botticello has achieved ranks in Aikido and Kung Fu. In 2007, Master Botticello was flown to Korea to receive an award for his dedication of the Martial Arts under the World Tae Kwon Do Federation.
His resume is as follows:
- 1986 – Started Tae Kwon Do under Grandmaster Moo Yong Lee in East Hartford CT
- 1992 – Achieved 3rd place, Hwang’s 1st Annual Tournament
- 1992 – Achieved Bronze Medal in the U.S. Cup in New Britain, CT
- 1992 – Achieved Outstanding Sparring Student of The Year
- 1993 – Achieved 1st Dan Tae Kwon Do
- 1993 – Started teaching classes at United Tae Kwon Do, East Hartford CT
- 1994 – Achieved Appreciation Award under Grandmaster Moo Young Lee
- 1994 – Achieved Student of the Year Award under Grandmaster Moo Young Lee
- 1995 – Achieved 2nd Dan Tae Kwon Do
- 1995-1997 – Co-founder of The Academy of Martial Arts, Manchester CT
- 1998 – Achieved 3rd Dan Tae Kwon Do
- 2000 – Achieved 1st Dan Hapkido under Master McCarty
- 2000 – Started teaching at Ju Nan Shin Martial Arts Academy in Manchester, CT
- 2001 – Achieved 4th Dan Tae Kwon Do
- 2006 – Achieved 2nd Dan Hapkido under Grandmaster Kwang Sik Myung
- 2006 – Achieved 5th Dan – Master – Tae Kwon Do
- 2007 – Won honorable Mention in Non-Korean Masters Essay Competition in Seoul, Korea through the Tae Kwon Do Promotion Foundation.
- 2008 – Achieved 3rd Dan Hapkido
- 2010 - Present – United Korean Martial Arts in Manchester, CT Through Manchester PAL
- 2012 - Achieved 6th Tae Kwon Do
In addition, Master Botticello has held numerous seminars on Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. He is dedicated to preserving the traditional values of the Martial Arts.